The coronavirus pandemic has affected us all in one way or another. For artists and performers, coronavirus has seemingly closed the door on their creative outlets and, for many, their livelihood.
But as days in self-isolation have turned into weeks, many in Connecticut’s creative workforce have found ways to make it work. Their innate ingenuity has them exploring new avenues of creativity and engagement.
Hosted by Connecticut Public’s Arts & Culture Reporter Ray Hardman, Connecticut Conversations: Art and Resiliency in the Time of Coronavirus profiles artists from around the state who are making the best of social distancing, and channeling their energies in new and interesting ways.
Where to Watch
Connecticut Conversations: Art and Resiliency in the Time of Coronavirus premieres on Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. on CPTV.
The program will encore on CPTV on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 11 p.m. It will encore on CPTV Spirit on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 2 p.m.
More About the Program
Connecticut artists and performers featured in the program include:
- Anthony Allen of athomeinnewhaven.com
- Kevin Bishop, Artistic Director of Cuatro Puntos
- Hope Chávez of athomeinnewhaven.com
- Donna Lynn Hilton of Goodspeed Musicals
- Paul Bryant Hudson of athomeinnewhaven.com
- Gabriel Lofvall, Artistic Director of Chorus Angelicus
- Carolyn Paine, actor, comic and dancer
- Corey Pane, artist
- Shades of Yale
- Sharece Sellem of Vintage Soul Productions and organizer of the Quick Quarantined Play Festival
- Elizabeth Shapiro, Director of the Connecticut Office of the Arts