*THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED*
The Connecticut Office of the Arts, in partnership with the Connecticut Arts Alliance, is excited to announce ARTS DAY 2020!
ARTS DAY 2020 will be held at the State Capitol in Hartford on Wednesday, April 8, which is during the 2020 Legislative Session.
ARTS DAY 2020 is designed to gather and engage the arts community across the state for a unified message that the ARTS MATTER and is an opportunity for attendees to share with lawmakers how the arts have impacted their lives.
ARTS DAY 2020 will feature more than 50 tables featuring arts organizations, arts service providers, municipal arts departments and individual artists.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Registration fee: $10
- Be sure to coordinate only ONE registration for your organization.
- Plan to bring individuals who represent your organization in different capacities (volunteers, students, patrons, board members) and who will be enthusiastically willing to share their personal stories about the impact of the arts with their legislators.
- The Connecticut Arts Alliance will host an orientation session at 9 AM. All registrants are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Registrants are expected to promote Arts Day 2020 in advance and to contact legislators regarding visiting their exhibition. More information on how to contact legislators will be sent at a later date.
- Exhibit time is 10 AM to 2 PM and must be staffed at all times.
- Each registrant will be assigned a “half-table”, which means two organizations will be sharing a 6 foot table. Each registrant will have a 3′ display area at that table.
- Registrants are fully responsible for their table top display, including hand-outs and power extension cords, which are necessary to reach the available power outlets.
- Additional information regarding the State Capitol’s security measures and parking will be provided at a later date.
- Detailed information regarding unloading/loading, set-up and break-down will be provided at a later date.