Insider’s Guide for Riverfest – May 14, 2016
1. Join our river paddle. You can drop off your kayak or canoe at the Eagleville Dam after 9:30 a.m. We will have volunteers there to watch your boat while you drive to 28 Bridge Street in Willimantic to register for the event and leave your vehicle there. You will receive a wrist band and a ride back to Eagleville Dam on an EASTCONN bus. Buses start shuttle service at 10:00 a.m. – last shuttle departure from Bridge Street is at NOON. Enjoy your river paddle!!
2. Join the bike ride to Riverfest 2016. Details about the sponsored ride will be available soon. If you are on a personal bike ride, stop in. We will have bike racks available while you eat from local food trucks, enjoy the petting zoo, and browse local vendors.
3. Come watch the 11:30 a.m. ribbon cutting ceremony that will officially open the Hop River Trail Extension which connects the Hop River and Airline Trails.
4. Riverfest 2016 starts at 12:00 p.m. at 28 Bridge Street with Bruce John solo, food trucks, and local vendors. If you are a local business, vendor, or crafter and would like to set up a complementary table at Riverfest 2016, please contact us.
5. Kids’ activities and t-shirt tye dying start at noon.
6. Come watch the river paddlers start to arrive at the boat take-out area.
7. Come watch the 12:30 p.m. ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the Willimantic River National Recreation Trail and New Canoe/Kayak Landing.
8. Come listen to November Love at 1:00 p.m. Eat from local food trucks, enjoy the petting zoo, and browse local vendors.
9. Join the Trail Walk sponsored by The Last Green Valley at 2:00. This is a dog-friendly walk and is approximately 3 miles long. The walk will start at 28 Bridge Street, go to Mackey’s, and return to Bridge Street.
10. Come listen to Big Daddy and the East Coast Jam, formerly known as R2B2, at 2:00 p.m. Eat from local food trucks, enjoy the petting zoo, and browse local vendors.
11. Horses will be riding in around 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. to join the festivities.
12. Come listen to SepiaTone at 3:00 p.m. Eat from local food trucks, enjoy the petting zoo, and browse local vendors.
If you are a paddler, cyclist, or Riverfest attendee, the Willimantic Hospitality No-Freeze Center has graciously offered us the use of their facilities for the day. You can shower and change there, free of charge. They will also have towels and amenities such as shampoo available for your use.
You can pre-register for the river paddle at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2539146
Food trucks and food vendors:
• Tacos la Rosa
• Food For Thought
• Connecticut Gourmet Bakery
• Horizons baked goods
• Grounded Coffee Company
• CT DEEP Boating & Safety Division
• Vulturetown Arts Bus Mobile Art Gallery
• Shippee Solar
• C.H. Barrows STEM Academy
• Karen Dibala (jewelry)
• Delia Berlin (books)
• Renewals NE
• The Last Green Valley
• Eastern CT Conservation District
• Eastern CT Garden Association
• Unique Soaps
• The Hemptress
• Willimantic Wildlife
• Joshua’s Trust
* Notions, Finds, and Recreations
* Wild River Honey